According to a recent report, the majority of TikTok buyers are looking for a platform that will allow them to connect with a younger audience. Additionally, they are also seeking a platform that is easy to use and has a wide range of content.
Who bought TikTok
TikTok is a social media app that allows users to create and share short videos. It was launched in 2016 by Chinese company ByteDance and has since become one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. As of 2019, TikTok had over 500 million active users worldwide.
In November 2019, it was reported that US-based software company Oracle was in talks to acquire a 20% stake in TikTok. However, the deal fell through and ByteDance ultimately decided to sell TikTok to a US-based consortium led by Walmart and private equity firm Silver Lake Partners. The deal is valued at $12 billion and was expected to be closed in late 2020.
How the app works and its features
The app is designed for use on mobile devices and can be downloaded for free from the App Store or Google Play. Once installed, users can create an account and start sharing videos. TikTok videos are typically between 15 and 60 seconds in length and can be edited with filters, effects, and music.
In addition to sharing videos, TikTok users can also follow other users, comment on videos, and like or share videos. TikTok also offers a live-streaming feature called TikTok Live, which allows users to broadcast their own videos in real-time.
Why it’s become so popular in such a short time
There are a number of reasons why TikTok has become so popular, especially among young people.
- Firstly, the app is easy to use and offers a wide range of content. TikTok videos are often creative and entertaining, and users can easily find videos that appeal to their interests.
- Secondly, TikTok is highly addictive, thanks to its algorithm that constantly serves up new content based on what you’ve watched in the past. This means that users are always engaged with the app and are less likely to stop using it.
- Finally, TikTok has a strong community feel, thanks to its many features that encourage users to interact with one another. For example, users can follow each other, comment on each other’s videos, and share videos with their friends.
Whether it’s safe for kids to use -parents concerns
There are some concerns about TikTok, particularly around the safety of its young users.
- Firstly, there is the issue of data privacy. TikTok collects a lot of data on its users, including their contact information, location data, and search history. This raises concerns about how this data will be used and whether it will be shared with third-party companies.
- Secondly, there is the issue of inappropriate content. TikTok videos are not moderated before they are uploaded, which means that there is a risk that children could be exposed to inappropriate content.
- Finally, there is the issue of cyberbullying. TikTok users can interact with one another through comments and messages, which means that there is a risk of cyberbullying.
These concerns have led to calls for TikTok to be banned in some countries, including India and Indonesia. However, it is important to note that TikTok has taken steps to address these concerns, such as introducing a new parental control feature that allows parents to restrict their children’s access to the app.
TikTok buyers want a platform that is easy to use, offers a wide range of content, and is highly addictive. They also want a platform that has a strong community feel and is safe for kids to use. However, they are concerned about data privacy, inappropriate content, and cyberbullying. These concerns have led to calls for TikTok to be banned in some countries, but the app is still hugely popular and shows no signs of slowing down.